Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Talk Pretty: Sedaris Coming to Tampa Theatre

With a favored spot on my personal library shelf for years, David Sedaris brings biting wit to bear on the human experience through his stories and personal essays.

He is a regular contributor to the New Yorker, NPR and This American Life -- where I recommend you go take a listen, for a hint at what's in store when he comes to read at our historic Tampa Theatre, Thursday, April 19 at 7:30 p.m.

That's right people: If you haven't already heard, David Sedaris is coming to town.


This sardonic member of 'The Talent Family' never fails to elicit a dark chuckle or a lasting, thoughtful image. Usually both.

Inkwood Books, a longtime, independent pillar among Bay area book purveyors, will sell some of Sedaris' collections in advance and at the event, if you don't already have copies of your own.

Barrel Fever, classic. Holidays on Ice, forever the perfect gift book. Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, my entry into his tales. I'll be bringing a fair collection to be signed. I will try not to embarrass myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment